Friday, June 11, 2010

Is Money the real Motivator in what people do?

Here's a wonderful video that does two things...
First it questions money as the primary motivator for people doing meaningful work.    It points out there are a number of things that are much stronger motivators, (and you'll have to watch the video to see what they are).
Second, it uses cartooning as a wonderful vehicle for communication and bringing ideas alive.

So if you're interested in Mastery and a sense of Purpose in your life, grab a cuppa and invest 10 minutes in watching this.. it will give you plenty to think about.


And once you've seen it, we'd love to hear what you think.   Why not make a comment below.
All the best
StJohn

1 comment:

  1. StJohn, I LOVE this video, I have watched it about 10 times already. And posted it on my fb page. I have made a significant effort lately to observe what I am motivated to do, and what I do because I have to. Through this observation, I have discovered a life purpose that I never would have imagined. It's not 100% clear yet, but this video helped me to see the time I spend on unpaid creative activities as an incredibly valid tool rather than the undisciplined spoiled brat behavior that I have always taken it for. Something good is coming... I can feel it!!!

    ReplyDelete