Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Listening


from the writings of Alexia Miall
















“With the gift of listening comes the gift of healing"
- Catherine de Hueck Doherty

What does this mean to me?

Listen to my pain and I will be healed
Listen to what others tell me to do about my pain, such as friends, family, medicos
Listen to what I hear on the TV and radio, surely they know what they are talking about
Listen to others who have experienced the same pain
Listen to my inner voice, doesn’t it have all the answers
Listen to the sound of children playing

Listen to what I hear in Nature
the sound of rain falling on the roof
the sound of the crabs in the mud at low tide
the waves crashing on the beach
the wind in the trees
the birds’ morning chorus
the dog barking in the distance

Aah, now I can begin to relax
Now I begin to understand the quote:-

“With the gift of listening comes the gift of healing”


Alexia Miall

No comments:

Post a Comment